pig-dev mailing list archives

From hc busy <hc.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should FLATTEN do?
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:32:06 GMT
doh!!!! s/map/bag/g

I seem to get maps and bags mixed up or some reason...

Guys, I have a row containing a *bag*

'id','data', {((1,2)), ((2,3)), ((4,5))}

What is the expected behavior when I flatten on that bag? I had expected it
to result in

'id','data', (1,2)
'id','data', (2,3)
'id','data', (4,5)

But it appears to me that the result of applying FLATTEN to that bag is this
instead:

'id','data', 1,2
'id','data', 2,3
'id','data', 4,5

The latter is returned by the current cloudera's CDH2 and I've seen the
prior behavior on other versions of pig.

Which is the correct behavior by design?

What will pig 0.6 do when it is released?

thanks!