pig-dev mailing list archives

From "pi song" <pi.so...@gmail.com>
Subject Slow unit testing and Jetty
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:40:22 GMT
Regarding slow unit testing issue before, somebody has sent me an email
claiming he also has the same problem. He has identified the problem which
seems to be a bug in Jetty.  One possible way to fix this is to fix directly
in the Jetty source code (The current Jetty that we use is not the latest
major version so I'm not sure if they still support it).

This seems to be a bit difficult because Jetty is embedded in Hadoop and
Hadoop is used in Pig.  Technically we should we able to patch the Jetty
source code (at least for our own), recompile with Hadoop. Is there any
licensing issue associated with this at all?

Pi

PS. I have to test the fix again to make sure that it really solves the
problem. At this stage I'm just curious about how this process works.