pig-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Automatic alias generation in cogroups
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 19:11:20 GMT
I agree that the aliases used should be overridable, but much perfer the
current way as a default rather than $0, $1, ... Once you know what's
happening it makes sense and it's easy to use.

The complaint about overloading reflects a misunderstanding of the scoping of
foreach. If they don't understand it now, schemas are bound to confuse as
well if there is any kind of conflict.

Adding the AS to cogroup sounds good. What about the fields of group?

cogroup a by (age, height), b by (avgAge, avgAge);

shouldn't you be able to pick the schema of group?

ben