pig-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: question on coding style and testing
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:52:10 GMT

Actually, tabs really do increase the probability of screwing up
indentation.  The problem is that they don't have a universal meaning
(actually, they do, but lots of people ignore it).  That means that people
will build indentation with mixed tabs and spaces and get different results.

The good news is that leading spaces still have a universal meaning (1
space).

I would like people to use whichever option results in less discussion.  If
that means forbidding tabs that is fine with me (my IDE handles that without
any problems).