pig-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r591140 - /incubator/pig/branches/types/
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:46:02 GMT
Can you please explain why you're branching?  I'd normally expect
creation of a branch to be discussed on the dev list first.  To me, a
branch implies the need for collaborative development of changes that
are incompatible with trunk development.  Is this the case?  If so, then
there first needs to be a public discussion with potential
collaborators.  To plan a branch in private would be collusion, and a
branch with a single developer doesn't usually make sense.

Thanks,

Doug