pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: first version of website is now up
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 19:39:17 GMT
Thanks, Doug. If I don't hear any objections by tomorrow, I will post
the announcement. Meanwhile, I will be working on providing
documentation on how to build and run pig.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 12:13 PM
To: pig-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: first version of website is now up

Olga Natkovich wrote:
> I updated the website and also replaced the logo. Next on my list is
> putting basic docs on wiki and start moving issues to jira. Please,
> let me know when we have critical mass to announce.

Thanks for fixing those.  It looks great!  As far as I'm concerned, we
can announce that the project is open for business now.

Note that, since we don't have a release yet, and perhaps won't for a
while, the priority on documentation should be for developers: how to
checkout and build the sources from trunk.  Before a release we'll need
some "download" instructions, but, until then, there's nothing to
download.

So unless someone objects, Olga, I think you can announce.

Cheers,

Doug