pig-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: first version of website is now up
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:25:47 GMT
Olga Natkovich wrote:
> Should we announce this on the general incubator list or should we wait
> to have more documentation added?

Eventually we should announce that Pig is open for business on both
general@incubator.a.o and probably hadoop-user@lucene.a.o.

It would be really good to update the website in the next few days, so
that it at least has a cursory description of Pig.  Who will work on
this?  I filed an issue in Jira:

But I don't think I'd hold up an announcement for that.  I would prefer
that we replace the logo on the website, since folks will (rightfully)
hassle us about that: we should not use a Y! logo.  I filed an issue in
Jira for this too, initially assigned to Utkarsh, since he seems to have
some knowledge of the logo.

Doug