pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: first version of website is now up
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:18:37 GMT
Should we announce this on the general incubator list or should we wait
to have more documentation added?

Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:28 PM
To: pig-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: first version of website is now up

I've initialized a website for Pig, using Forrest.

   http://incubator.apache.org/pig/

To edit the website you must have Apache Forrest installed (and be a Pig
committer, of course).  Checkout the site from subversion with:

   svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pig/site/

Edit files in author/src/documentation/content/xdocs.  This directory
contains XML files, one per page, plus a few special files (site.xml and
tabs.xml).  The only other file of much interest is
author/src/documentation/skinconf.xml.  Images are in
author/src/documentation/resources/images.

To build the site:

   cd author
   forrest

Then inspect what's in build/site with your browser.  If you like it:

   cp -pr build/site/* ../publish
   cd ..
   svn stat
   svn add ...
   svn commit -m "blah blah"

This process should probably be documented somewhere in the developer
section of the Pig wiki, once such a section exists.

An immediate task is to replace the Pig icon with something without a Y!

on it.  I'll file an issue in Jira for that.

Doug