phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Master branch does not compile
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:08:46 GMT
I see no value in supporting 2.0. I have mixed feelings on 2.1. We
should default to 2.2, especially with 2.3 releases incoming "soon".

We're in a good position to help HBase drive adoption of certain
versions. While this is always sort of "implicit" (it just happens), I
see value in it via advertising what users should pick up.

On 6/17/20 8:42 AM, chenglei@apache.org wrote:

> Should we only support HBase 2.2 , which is a stable 2.x release ?

> At 2020-06-17 16:04:58, "Istvan Toth" <stoty@apache.org> wrote:
>> The 4.x branch has historically deprecated unsupported branches.
>>
>> I'd be fine with removing support for EOL 2.x branches in master,
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5716 is open for this very
>> issue,
>> but would welcome some community input before working on it.
>>
>> I also like Josh's idea, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5828 is
>> quite similar to it.
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 2:49 AM Guanghao Zhang <zghaobac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> HBase 2.0 and 2.1 has been EOL now. Does phoenix need to support them?
>>>
>>> swaroopa kadam <swaroopa.kadam07@gmail.com> 于2020年6月17日周三 上午12:32写道:

>>> is

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AccessControlProtos.GetUserPermissionsRequest
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AccessControlProtos.GetUserPermissionsRequest
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AccessControlProtos.GetUserPermissionsRequest
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AccessControlProtos.GetUserPermissionsRequest
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AccessControlProtos.GetUserPermissionsRequest
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AccessControlProtos.GetUserPermissionsRequest
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Phoenix-master-matrix/HBASE_PROFILE=2.1/ws/phoenix-core/src/it/java/org/apache/phoenix/end2end/BasePermissionsIT.java
>>> org.apache.phoenix.end2end.BasePermissionsIT.Custo

Below is the
>>> error

>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:3.1.1:analyze-only
>>> problems

clean package
status that I don't

<