phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committers please look at the Phoenix tests and fix your failures
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2020 18:03:59 GMT
 I spent a lot of time making QA better. It can be better, but it's stable enough. There're
now very little excuses. "Test failure seems unrelated" is not an excuse anymore.(4.x-HBase-1.3
has some issue where HBase can't seem to start a cluster reliably... but all others are pretty
stable.)
After chatting with Andrew Purtell, one things I was going to offer is to simply revert any
change that breaks a test. Period.I'd volunteer some of my time (hey, isn't that what a Chief
Architect in a Fortune 100 company should do?!)
With their changes reverted, people will presumably start to care. :)If I hear no objects
I'll start doing that a while.
Cheers.
-- Lars
    On Monday, January 13, 2020, 06:23:01 PM PST, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:

 How do we keep getting into this mess: unreliable QA, people ignoring
QA, or something else?

On 1/12/20 9:24 PM, larsh@apache.org wrote:
> ... Not much else to say here...
> The tests have been failing again for a while... I will NOT fix them again this time!
Sorry folks.