phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Vasileios Dimakopoulos <vasileios.dimakopou...@cern.ch>
Subject Phoenix Connector on Secure Cluster
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 13:31:41 GMT
Dear Phoenix Development Team,

I am Big Data Engineer at CERN and we deployed presto as part of our tests to create an abstract
SQL layer on top of our data sources and backends (HDFS, HBase, Relational Databases, Kafka,
etc). In order to query HBase we have also deployed successfully Phoenix and the missing puzzle
piece  to  the abstraction is integrating Phoenix with Presto. However we face some issues
which mainly stem from Kerberos authentication, impersonation and in general with the delegation
of the token. Therefore I would like to ask you if the Phoenix connector could support a secure
HBase cluster and if this is the case could you guide us or give us any insight on achieving
that?

Thank you in advance.

Vasileios Dimakopoulos

CERN Big Data Engineer / Electrical & Computer Engineer
Secondary email: vdimakopoulos@isc.tuc.gr
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/vassilis-dimakopoulos/>