phoenix-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lars Hofhansl (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (PHOENIX-5066) The TimeZone is incorrectly used during writing or reading data
Date Mon, 27 May 2019 19:13:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5066?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Lars Hofhansl updated PHOENIX-5066:
-----------------------------------
    Fix Version/s:     (was: 4.15.0)
                   4.15.1

> The TimeZone is incorrectly used during writing or reading data
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: PHOENIX-5066
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5066
>             Project: Phoenix
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 5.0.0, 4.14.1
>            Reporter: jaanai
>            Assignee: jaanai
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 5.1.0, 4.15.1
>
>         Attachments: DateTest.java
>
>
> We have two methods to write data when uses JDBC API.
> #1. Uses _the exceuteUpdate_ method to execute a string that is an upsert SQL.
> #2. Uses the _prepareStatement_ method to set some objects and execute.
> The _string_ data needs to convert to a new object by the schema information of tables.
we'll use some date formatters to convert string data to object for Date/Time/Timestamp types
when writes data and the formatters are used when reads data as well.
>  
> *Uses default timezone test*
>  Writing 3 records by the different ways.
> {code:java}
> UPSERT INTO date_test VALUES (1,'2018-12-10 15:40:47','2018-12-10 15:40:47','2018-12-10
15:40:47') 
> UPSERT INTO date_test VALUES (2,to_date('2018-12-10 15:40:47'),to_time('2018-12-10 15:40:47'),to_timestamp('2018-12-10
15:40:47'))
> stmt.setInt(1, 3);stmt.setDate(2, date);stmt.setTime(3, time);stmt.setTimestamp(4, ts);
> {code}
> Reading the table by the getObject(getDate/getTime/getTimestamp) methods.
> {code:java}
> 1 | 2018-12-10 | 23:45:07 | 2018-12-10 23:45:07.0 
> 2 | 2018-12-10 | 23:45:07 | 2018-12-10 23:45:07.0 
> 3 | 2018-12-10 | 15:45:07 | 2018-12-10 15:45:07.66 
> {code}
> Reading the table by the getString methods 
> {code:java}
> 1 | 2018-12-10 15:45:07.000 | 2018-12-10 15:45:07.000 | 2018-12-10 15:45:07.000 
> 2 | 2018-12-10 15:45:07.000 | 2018-12-10 15:45:07.000 | 2018-12-10 15:45:07.000 
> 3 | 2018-12-10 07:45:07.660 | 2018-12-10 07:45:07.660 | 2018-12-10 07:45:07.660
> {code}
>  *Uses GMT+8 test*
>  Writing 3 records by the different ways.
> {code:java}
> UPSERT INTO date_test VALUES (1,'2018-12-10 15:40:47','2018-12-10 15:40:47','2018-12-10
15:40:47')
> UPSERT INTO date_test VALUES (2,to_date('2018-12-10 15:40:47'),to_time('2018-12-10 15:40:47'),to_timestamp('2018-12-10
15:40:47'))
> stmt.setInt(1, 3);stmt.setDate(2, date);stmt.setTime(3, time);stmt.setTimestamp(4, ts);
> {code}
> Reading the table by the getObject(getDate/getTime/getTimestamp) methods.
> {code:java}
> 1 | 2018-12-10 | 23:40:47 | 2018-12-10 23:40:47.0 
> 2 | 2018-12-10 | 15:40:47 | 2018-12-10 15:40:47.0 
> 3 | 2018-12-10 | 15:40:47 | 2018-12-10 15:40:47.106 {code}
> Reading the table by the getString methods
> {code:java}
>  1 | 2018-12-10 23:40:47.000 | 2018-12-10 23:40:47.000 | 2018-12-10 23:40:47.000
> 2 | 2018-12-10 15:40:47.000 | 2018-12-10 15:40:47.000 | 2018-12-10 15:40:47.000
> 3 | 2018-12-10 15:40:47.106 | 2018-12-10 15:40:47.106 | 2018-12-10 15:40:47.106
> {code}
>  
> _We_ have a historical problem,  we'll parse the string to Date/Time/Timestamp objects
with timezone in #1, which means the actual data is going to be changed when stored in HBase
table。



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Mime
View raw message