phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] phoenix-connectors and phoenix-queryserver release process
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2019 20:50:51 GMT
+1 for queryserver starting out at 1.0.0, for sure. We've really made
only a few changes for PQS over the years (the majority of code is in
Avatica). Doesn't make sense to follow the 'normal' Phoenix versioning.

Assuming the connectors is similarly slow moving, I'm in favor of the
same for that too.

I asked on the PR for the queryserver repo: how are people going to
interact with these? Something as simple as:

* How will PQS know where the phoenix-client.jar is?
* Where do users invoke sqlline-thin.py from?