phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 5.x release?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 01:40:45 GMT
No, Vincent, that is wrong. There *was* a 5.0.0-alpha release. Then,
there was a 5.0.0 release (not called alpha).

To Thomas' original question: I don't think we need to keep 4.15 in
lock-step with 5.x, but if 5.x isn't ready for release for the same
reason 4.15 is not ready for release, then we should hold off on another
5.x (from the master branch).

In a similar vein, we could also branch off of the 5.0.0 release and
cherry-pick back critical changes to make a proper 5.0.1 if a 5.1.0 is
still a ways off (as above)