phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] stop minor releases for 0.98 and 1.1
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2018 01:47:49 GMT
It feels like we're trying to maintain too many branches. Both HBase 0.98
and 1.1 have been EOLed. To ease the burden on devs, how about we stop
maintaining the 4.x-HBase-0.98 and 4.x-HBase-1.1 branches? An RM can always
step up if need be to do a patch release from the 4.14 branches.

Also, how about the 1.2 branch? If we kept the 4.x-cdh5.11 branch, do we
need the 4.x-HBase-1.2 branch?

It'd be good if this was decided prior to the biggish splittable system
catalog work (PHOENIX-3534) and omid transaction integration (PHOENIX-3623).

Thanks,
James