phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting rid of deprecated APIs to reduce effort in 5.x porting?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2018 19:09:52 GMT
It's definitely a goal, but I don't know of anyone actively working on that.

What ever came about dropping old versions of HBase support? I thought
we nuked <=1.2 (leaving just 1.3 and 1.4), but it seems like they have
come back... The reason I ask: backporting the deprecation changes will
be tough, and likely be tough for each branch they're targeted on.
Trying to reduce where they need to go would be a big help.