phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Almost ready for HBaseCon+PhoenixCon 2018 SanJose CFP
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 18:37:04 GMT

On 3/21/18 12:44 PM, Stack wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 9:26 AM, Josh Elser<elserj@apache.org>  wrote:
>

>> On 3/21/18 2:59 AM, Stack wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 7:51 PM, Josh Elser<elserj@apache.org>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,

>>> Thanks Josh for doing this.
>>>
>>> Do they have to be conflated so? Each community is doing their own
>>> conference. This page/announcement makes it look like they have been
>>> squashed together.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>> You have any concrete suggestions I can change?
>

> You have hbasecon+phoenixcon which to me reads as a combined conference. I
> thought we wanted to avoid this sort of messaging. Probably best to have
> separate announcement pages.

I was originally intending to have separate pages, but I scrapped that
because:

* I didn't have the time to make two sites (one took longer than I expected)
* I wasn't seeing content differentiation between the two

I'm hoping that, without getting word-y, there's a way that I can better
express this? I definitely struggled with how to refer to these.

Would something like having the HBase "version" read only "HBaseCon",
and the Phoenix "version", "PhoenixCon" make you happier? Does the
"About" section read as to what you were expecting or would you like to
see more separation there too?