phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Jayanta Purkayastha <Jayanta.Purkayas...@MolinaHealthCare.Com>
Subject Using Apache Phoenix with Phoenix Query Server
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2018 22:58:27 GMT
Hi Josh,
I had an opportunity to go through a few of your presentation slides on slideshare.net and
found some valuable information.

The purpose of my writing this email to you is to confirm the use of Phoenix with PQS. We're
currently using Phoenix with PQS for accessing Hbase dataset from Java application using the
thin client in non-production environment. We're planning to go to production shortly. We
use Cloudera with Kerberos security.

Some research by our infrastructure team raised concerns about the use of PQS and thin client,
and sighted reasons discouraging the use PQS and thin client due to unavailable support and
lack of available information. These caused significant concern about our solution design.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts and opinions on these concerns by our infrastructure team
and the management. Looking forward to hearing from you and the community.

Best Regards,

Jay Purkayastha
EIM - Core Data Platform | Molina Healthcare, Inc.
100 Oceangate, Long Beach, CA 90802
Direct : 888-562-5442 | 562-435-3666 x118023  | Cell: 949-293-6826

"If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way." - Napoleon Hill

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  This email is meant only for the intended recipient of the
transmission.  In addition, this email may be a communication that is privileged by law.
If you received this email in error, any review, use, disclosure, distribution, or copying
of this email is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately of the error by return
email, and please delete this email from your system.  Thank you for your cooperation.