phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Your contributions to Python PhoenixDB
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:54:32 GMT
Hi Mark,

As you may or may not have seen[1][2], the Apache Phoenix community has
been trying to adopt the Python PhoenixDB project. Upon inspect the
history of the repository, I noticed that you have some non-trivial
contributions to the project.

As such, you likely have rights to claim copyright on this software. A
part of the process that the ASF has to on-board external code
repositories is to ensure that all individuals who have contributed to
said code are in agreement to transfer the code into the ASF. This
intrinsically includes an assignment of copyright to the ASF.

We've talked to Lukas already who is supportive of this action; I think
I'm speaking on behalf of the PMC when I say that we all hope that you
are too.

If you are supportive of this, let us know in reply to this email. We
would also need to ensure that you have an individual contributor
license agreement (ICLA) submitted with the ASF which says that you
waive claim to copyright on software you choose to donate to the ASF.
Additionally, if you have an employer who may lay claim to copyright on
this software, you would also need to file a corporate contributor
license agreement (CCLA) -- this is dependent on your personal
situation. If you've filed these documents in the past with the ASF,
you're already done.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We look forward
to hear from you.

- Josh (on behalf of the Apache Phoenix PMC)

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/91558b1bcfaac116ae0be7925bc87971e85a472cb59b1681f5998072@%3Cdev.phoenix.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/acbb4265d428b58ddaf00efac6c427ca40250a42970dcdc941a84df4@%3Cdev.phoenix.apache.org%3E