phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Post 5.0.0-alpha
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 22:28:09 GMT
So the official release version that I set was "5.0.0-alpha" (with the
HBase-2.0 kind of being superfluous since we weren't targeting any other
HBase versions). To match this Maven version, I switched around the
fixVersions on JIRA to match:

Resolved issues that were previously 5.0, 5.x, or 5.0.0 are now
5.0.0-alpha. Everything else is now 5.0.0 -- which is what we can use
for future changes.

My hope was that this would avoid us having to announce something like
"beware! 5.0.0 isn't stable!" (the "alpha" designation doing that for us).

Happy to do something else if this isn't clear to others like it is to me :)