phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@apache.org>
Subject Switched PreCommit-Admin over to Apache Yetus
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 02:15:38 GMT
bcc: builds@apache.org, dev@hbase.apache.org, dev@hive.apache.org, common-dev@hadoop.apache.org,
dev@phoenix.apache.org, dev@oozie.apache.org

	(These are all of the projects that had pending issues.  This is not all of the groups that
actually rely upon this code...)

	The recent JIRA upgrade broke PreCommit-Admin.

	This breakage was obviously an unintended consequence.  This python code hasn’t been touched
in a very long time.  In fact, it was still coming from Hadoop SVN tree as it had never been
migrated to git.  So it isn’t too surprising that after all this time something finally
broke it.

	Luckily, Apache Yetus was already in the progress of adopting it for a variety of reasons
that I won't go into here.  With the breakage, this work naturally became more urgent.  With
the help of the Apache Yetus community doing some quick reviews, I just switched PreCommit-Admin
over to using the master version of the equivalent code in the Yetus source tree.  As soon
as the community can get a 0.7.0 release out, we’ll switch it over from master to 0.7.0
so that it can follow our regular release cadence.  This also means that JIRA issues can be
filled against Yetus for bugs seen in the code base or for feature requests.  [Hopefully with
code and docs attached. :) ]

	In any case, with the re-activation of this job, all unprocessed jobs just kicked off.  So
don't be too surprised by the influx of feedback.

	As a sidenote, there are some other sticky issues with regards to precommit setups on Jenkins.
 I'll be sending another note in the future on that though. I've had enough excitement for
today. :)

	Thanks!