phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Csaba Skrabak <cskra...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix: Convert String column to Integer column
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 11:41:06 GMT

Hi Chinna,

I think that your format string in the second parameter of TO_NUMBER should not be '\u00A4'.
The format should be specified with this kind of pattern:

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/DecimalFormat.html

Does your "values" column actually contain currency signs (dollar sign) or just the decimal
digit characters? The '\u00A4' is for parsing a currency sign. Try '#' if you have just the
numeric characters in the column.

select TO_NUMBER("values", '#') from "test_table"