phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: phoenix 4.13.0 on hbase 1.2
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:17:42 GMT
We discussed whether or not we should continue with Phoenix releases for
HBase 1.2, but no one showed any interested in being the release manager
[1], so we concluded that we would stop doing them. It's important to
remember that the ASF is a volunteer effort and anyone can step up and take
on this responsibility. That's essentially how contributors build merit to
become committers and eventually PMC members and the project continues to
grow. If you're interested, I suggest you start a new DISCUSS thread on the
dev list and volunteer. Here's what would need to be done:
- cherry-pick changes from master between 4.12.0 and 4.13.0 release to
4.x-HBase-1.2 branch
- create a pull request with the above and get a +1 from a committer
- monitor the Jenkins job that'll run with these changes keeping a lookout
for any test failures
- assuming there are no test failures, follow the directions here [2] to
perform a release

Also, please make sure you subscribe to the dev list so you can participate
in further discussions.

Thanks,
James

[1]