phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Soldatov <sergeysolda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] dropping 0.98 support?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 03:02:27 GMT
Heh. I just remember that last time in August you said that you already
migrating to more recent version of HBase and have no problems to maintain
0.98 internally during for short time. As an alternative can we add shims,
so most of the difference in API can be grouped there and will be easy to
maintain.  Most of the changes are related to removing deprecated API in
Put/Get/Delete and name changes like HAdmin -> Admin, so it may be covered
by a couple of support classes. After that it will be possible to get
Phoenix compiled against 2.0 with some little changes related to shaded
coprocessor API (possible may be added to shims as well) and tephra which
is  also using deprecated API.

Thanks,
Sergey