phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Road to HBase 2.0.0
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 18:50:17 GMT
Yes, the earlier the better, but this is also a bit chicken-and-egg.
It's tough down in Phoenix to make sure it still works if the API we're
trying to write against is still changing.

I know that Anoop from the HBase side has been peering into the Phoenix
side -- I've been operating under the assumption that things will be OK.
Hopefully, Phoenix will not find itself in a position where
business-critical things it's doing are being removed from API (and
Phoenix has no recourse to hack what it needs back in place).

With an HBase hat on, I think Phoenix is a good candidate (among others
like YARN) for validating the alpha-4 release, signaling whether we're
actually ready to say HBase 2 is ready for a beta-1 (as opposed to an
alpha-5 to fix some more).

Happy to entertain a broader discussion if you think there's merit on
dev@hbase too, S.