phoenix-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Araujo (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (PHOENIX-3556) java.lang.IllegalAccessError happens is thrown when working with Guava 20.0 and later.
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 17:02:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3556?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16091796#comment-16091796
] 

Alex Araujo edited comment on PHOENIX-3556 at 7/18/17 5:01 PM:
---------------------------------------------------------------

[~zhenw] you can run the IT's using mvn verify.

Upgrading Guava to 20 can cause full stack issues with HBase and HDFS clients. Can you exclude
phoenix-core's Guava and use 20 at runtime with the other changes?


was (Author: alexaraujo):
[~ zhenw] you can run the IT's using mvn verify.

Upgrading Guava to 20 can cause full stack issues with HBase and HDFS clients. Can you exclude
phoenix-core's Guava and use 20 at runtime with the other changes?

> java.lang.IllegalAccessError happens is thrown when working with Guava 20.0 and later.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: PHOENIX-3556
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3556
>             Project: Phoenix
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 4.5.2
>         Environment: MacOs, Phoenix 4.5.2-HBase-0.98, Guava 20.0
>            Reporter: Bo Gao
>            Priority: Critical
>
> I am working on a project with Google ads-lib latest version 2.22.0(Dec, 2016), and it
requires Guava version 20.0(Oct, 2016). My phoneix-core version is 4.5.2-HBase-0.98. I got
the following exception when trying to get Phoenix connection:
> {noformat}
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.google.common.collect.Iterators.emptyIterator()Lcom/google/common/collect/UnmodifiableIterator;
from class org.apache.phoenix.schema.MetaDataClient
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.schema.MetaDataClient.createTableInternal(MetaDataClient.java:1501)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.schema.MetaDataClient.createTable(MetaDataClient.java:751) ~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.compile.CreateTableCompiler$2.execute(CreateTableCompiler.java:186)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$2.call(PhoenixStatement.java:315) ~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$2.call(PhoenixStatement.java:307) ~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.call.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:53) ~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement.executeMutation(PhoenixStatement.java:305)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement.executeUpdate(PhoenixStatement.java:1364)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$12.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:1927)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$12.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:1896)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.util.PhoenixContextExecutor.call(PhoenixContextExecutor.java:77)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.init(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:1896)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:180)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.connect(PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.java:132)
~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.connect(PhoenixDriver.java:151) ~[phoenix-core-4.5.2-HBase-0.98.jar:4.5.2-HBase-0.98]
> 	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
> 	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
> {noformat}
> The issue is that from Guava 20.0 Google changed the visibility of com.google.common.collect.Iterators#emptyIterator()
from public to default as it was announced earlier to be deprecated.
> I checked several versions of phoenix-core from old to new, looks like all versions are
using com.google.common.collect.Iterators#emptyIterator() in org.apache.phoenix.schema.MetaDataClient.
So the affected versions should be all.
> Better to replace the usage of emptyIterator() as https://google.github.io/guava/releases/18.0/api/docs/com/google/common/collect/Iterators.html#emptyIterator()
recommends.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Mime
View raw message