phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Go Client v2.0.0 released
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 05:15:03 GMT
Awesome work, Francis! Would be great to get this into Avatica & Phoenix if
you're interested.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: F21 <f21.groups@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Subject: Go Client v2.0.0 released
To: dev@calcite.apache.org

Hi all,

I just tagged v2.0.0 for the Go database/sql driver. This will be the only
supported version for Avatica 1.10.0 and Phoenix 4.11.0 on-wards due to the
backwards-incompatible change to fix CALCITE-1353 . For older versions of
Avatica and Phoenix, please use the v1.x.x series. For this release, I
believe the Go client is at feature-parity with the Java client.

Key highlights:

- Support for HTTP BASIC, HTTP DIGEST and Kerberos/SPNEGO authentication.

- Ability to retry recreating a connection if the server returns a
NoSuchConnection exception.

Future work:

I'd like to get the driver to support HA mode in the future. Currently, it
is possible to implement retrying and recreating a statement due to a
missing_statement in an ExecuteResponse. However, due to the way the Go
database/sql package is built, I am unable to do this with the
missing_statement and missing_results in a FetchResponse. I've opened an
issue regarding this on the Go issue tracker for those interested:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/21059

The current work around is to handle these failures in the client code that
uses the database/sql package and avatica driver.

Cheers,

Francis