phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From "Dangi, Shailesh " <shailesh.da...@citi.com.INVALID>
Subject Reading the row key with HBase Client API
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:37:18 GMT
We have a use case  to read data from an existing Phoenix tables using HBase client APIs.

Following are part of the key in a Phx table where TXN_BOOK_DT is of type Date and rest VARCHAR.
ID
TXN_BOOK_DT
CR_DR_IND
PYMNT_STATUS_CD
TXN_REFR_NUM
PD_PCSOR_COD

When reading the result row key and assuming it is separated by a zero byte character ('\0'),
I'm able to read all VARCHAR fields using Bytes.toString.  However, I'm getting garbled characters
when doing the same operation on TXN_BOOK_DT.  Any idea?

Thanks,
Regards,