phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From 김영우 (YoungWoo Kim) <yw...@apache.org>
Subject Dropping local index on large table caused crash of region servers
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 13:46:50 GMT
Hi,

I've faced crash of RS when I'm dropping local index from very large table.
I have several tables with billions of row and the tables are hosted on
HBase 1.2.4 and Phoenix 4.9.0

Each region server reported 'gc pause' from their logs and it's strange to
me because, the log messages are popped up when I drop local indexes.
eventually, my query failed with timeout. any other operations like
insert/bulkload data or querying data works fine.

I'm not sure but dropping local indexes from large table is expensive. Is
there any workaround for this?

Thanks,
Youngwoo