phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Renaming Phoenix table
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 19:00:52 GMT
Hi Youngwoo,

Correct - no support for renaming a table in Phoenix currently
(see PHOENIX-2341). Apparently, you can use the HBase snapshot feature to
rename tables[1]. Using that technique, you could potentially surface this
in Phoenix and add the logic required to update the SYSTEM.CATALOG as
necessary. If you're interested in contributing this, I can comment on the
JIRA in more detail about what would be required.

Thanks,
James

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27966072/how-do-you-rename-a-table-in-hbase