phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From William <yhxx...@163.com>
Subject Why index table inherits SALT_BUCKETs from data table?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 04:40:23 GMT
Hi all
   If a data table is created with salt buckets, then all its index tables are created with
salt buckets too, no matter whether SALT_BUCKETS is explicitly set or not in the DDL of index
tables.
   Why are we doing this?
   I think that the selectivity of the indexed columns have nothing to do with the selectivity
of the PK columns of data table. I think it will be better if users can decide whether to
use salt buckets for index tables.
  Does someone have any idea of this behavior?

Thanks
William.