phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From 김민석 <core...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBC Connection time
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 04:11:42 GMT
Hello All,
I'm writing my own java source using JDBC to test my own scenario/

import java.sql.*;
import java.util.*;

public class phoenixTest {
    Connection conn;
    //Properties prop = new Properties();
    Class.forName("org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver");
    long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
    conn =
 DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:phoenix:localhost:2181:/hbase");
    long estimatedTime = System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime;
    System.out.format("got connection : %s ms\n",
Long.toString(estimatedTime));
    //System.out.format("got connection : %s \n", "test");
  }
}

The result of the source above...
(org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.deprecation).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for
more info.
got connection : 3162 ms

It takes over 3 seconds to create the new connection. Is it normal?
Can it be handled through connection pool in application server?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.