phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] About dynamic column in spark connector
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 15:26:05 GMT
Hi Xiaopeng,

Thanks for the message. Using the dev list for this type of discussion
is great.

I am not familiar with the implementation (and the "gotchas" that might
exist in this improvement), but I would encourage you to try to reach
out on that JIRA issue you mentioned. Maybe Josh M or Randy would be
able to give you some review as they have some more context.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

- Josh

Xiaopeng Liao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just started using Phoenix and found it such a great product that makes my work easier,
>
> And the dynamic column feature helps a lot,
>

> And now I am trying to store data through spark RDD with dynamic column (and read out),
>
> there is a JIRA issue PHOENIX-2648<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2648>
 related to this, just wondering is there any work being done on this one?

> I implemented the dynamic column support for RDD (not dataframe yet) for my own use,
>
> wondering if it could help in anyway..
>

> https://github.com/xiaopeng-liao/phoenix.git
>

> my first mail here, if there is anything not align to the guide line, please point out
for me, appreciate!

> Thanks!
>
> Xiaopeng
>
> [https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/13731092?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/xiaopeng-liao/phoenix.git>
>
> xiaopeng-liao/phoenix<https://github.com/xiaopeng-liao/phoenix.git>
> github.com
> Forked from phoenix and trying to test out features of spark connector with dynamic column
support based on our job requirements