phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Ankit Singhal <ankitsingha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new 4.8.0 RC?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:55:54 GMT
Ok, Given that 4.8.0 RC is taking time , we can fork 4.8-HBase-x.y branches
so that new features and bugs target for future releases(4.9+) can be
committed in 4.x branches and master.

Whatever is targeted for 4.8.0 needs to be committed in all 8
branches(three 4.x branches , master, four 4.8-HBase-x.y) as all 4.8
releases(including 4.8.0 or 4.8.x) will be done from 4.8-HBase-x.y branches.

I'll create the following new branches tomorrow morning IST,
4.8-HBase-0.98 (from 4.x-HBase-0.98)
4.8-HBase-1.0 (from 4.x-HBase-1.0)
4.8-HBase-1.1 (from 4.x-HBase-1.1)
4.8-HBase-1.2 (from master)

Let's discuss if someone has any concerns.

Regards,
Ankit Singhal