phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.8.0-HBase-1.2 RC0
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:39:03 GMT

Ankit Singhal wrote:
> @Josh, bq.   Bad:
>        * SHA1 xsum is wrong. It looks like complete nonsense to me, but I
> can't find the appropriate xsum in that file (which was
>   64208164580f3467cd2c8b51c0d9f8ac37f0c671)
> ---- In Phoenix , we don't use SHA1 , SHA files has only SHA-512 and
> SHA-256 hashes, so you can use shasum to validate them.

Thanks for the clarification, Ankit. I was confused that there were
multiple lines in the file. It would be nice to be clear in the release
vote email what checksums are being provided so that users can verify
them. If there are official docs on how the release emails are created
(a template somewhere), I'm happy to update that.