phoenix-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "chenglei (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (PHOENIX-2753) ClientAggregatePlan incorrectly uses limit in aggregation may cause sql with limit clause to misbehave
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 15:52:40 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2753?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15185116#comment-15185116
] 

chenglei edited comment on PHOENIX-2753 at 3/8/16 3:52 PM:
-----------------------------------------------------------

sorry,I found the 2279 fixed this problem


was (Author: comnetwork):
sorry,I found the 2279 fixed this problem

> ClientAggregatePlan incorrectly uses limit in aggregation may cause sql with limit clause
to misbehave
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: PHOENIX-2753
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2753
>             Project: Phoenix
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 4.6.0
>         Environment: HBase 0.98.6-cdh5.3.2, Phoenix 4.6.0-HBase-0.98
>            Reporter: chenglei
>
> When we execute a sql with subquery and aggregation,Phoenix may compile the sql to get
a  ClientAggregatePlan.However,if the sql also has a limit clause,ClientAggregatePlan may
incorrectly use the limit clause to create a AggregatingResultIterator under some conditions,leading
the sql can't get the correct result,just as the following unit test:
> {code:borderStyle=solid}
> @Test
> public void testLimit() throws Exception
> {
> 	this.jdbcTemplate.update("drop table if exists limit_test ");
> 	this.jdbcTemplate.update(
> 		"create table limit_test "+
>                 "("+
>                      "account_id INTEGER not null,"+
>                      "buy_key  VARCHAR not null,"+
>                      "group_id INTEGER,"+
>                      "cost INTEGER,"+
>                      "CONSTRAINT pk PRIMARY KEY (account_id,buy_key) "+
>                 ")");
> 	this.jdbcTemplate.update("upsert into LIMIT_TEST(account_id,buy_key,group_id,cost) values(1000,'key1',1,10)");
> 	this.jdbcTemplate.update("upsert into LIMIT_TEST(account_id,buy_key,group_id,cost) values(1001,'key2',2,20)");
> 	this.jdbcTemplate.update("upsert into LIMIT_TEST(account_id,buy_key,group_id,cost) values(1002,'key1',3,30)");
> 		
> 	String sqlWithLimit="select bk,sum(sc)  "+
>                             "from (select buy_key as bk,group_id as gid,sum(cost) as
sc "+
> 			          "from limit_test  group by buy_key,group_id order by group_id)"+
> 		            "group by bk having count(*) > 1  limit 1";
> 	List<Map<String,Object>> result=this.jdbcTemplate.queryForList(sqlWithLimit,
new Object[0]);
> 	assertTrue(result.size()==0);
> 		
> 	String sqlNoLimit="select bk,sum(sc)  "+
>                             "from (select buy_key as bk,group_id as gid,sum(cost) as
sc "+
> 			          "from limit_test  group by buy_key,group_id order by group_id)"+
> 		            "group by bk having count(*) > 1";
>         result=this.jdbcTemplate.queryForList(sqlNoLimit, new Object[0]);
>         assertTrue(result.size()==1);
> 		
> 		
> 		
> }
> {code}
> As above unit test explained,the sqlWithLimit gets no result at all,but it should get
the "key1" as the result,just like the sqlNoLimit does.
> I think the cause of this issue is the following code in ClientAggregatePlan(around the
103 line),the limit parameter should be null:
> {code:borderStyle=solid}
>          iterator = new OrderedResultIterator(iterator, keyExpressionOrderBy, thresholdBytes,
limit, projector.getEstimatedRowByteSize());
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message