phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Assemblies and tgz's
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 19:39:42 GMT
Quick question:

Why do we package up our dependencies in the TGZ? There's no Phoenix
executable, just a fat jar for the RS and a fat client jar for
applications. Why bother with lib and all this business?

If we are trying to package up all our dependencies in the tgz, our current
means are inadequate. A little shell gymnastics*** with mvn dependency:list
shows me 201 total transitive dependencies for Phoenix, of which we only
package 38.

So why bother?

Thanks,
Nick

***
$ mvn dependency:list | egrep '\[INFO\]    \w+' | grep compile | cut -d:
-f1-3 | sort | uniq | wc -l
     201