phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Madhire <vmadh...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject HBase error while installing Phoenix
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 01:22:37 GMT
Hi,

I followed the below mentioned installation process and copied
the phoenix-4.3.0-server.jar acrosss all the HBase region servers and Hbase
master.

http://phoenix.apache.org/installation.html

After that when I restarted HBase regionservers and hbase master, HBase
regionservers won't start up, interestingly HBase master was running fine.

And I see the below error in HBase master logs and don't see any errors in
HBase region server logs,

2015-03-08 00:57:45,774 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler: Caught throwable while
processing event M_SERVER_SHUTDOWN
2015-03-08 00:57:45,775 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler: Caught throwable while
processing event M_SERVER_SHUTDOWN
2015-03-08 00:57:45,777 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler: Caught throwable while
processing event M_SERVER_SHUTDOWN
2015-03-08 00:57:45,869 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.handler.MetaServerShutdownHandler: Caught
M_META_SERVER_SHUTDOWN, count=1
2015-03-08 00:57:45,892 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler: Caught throwable while
processing event M_SERVER_SHUTDOWN
2015-03-08 00:57:45,891 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.ExecutorService: Cannot submit
[MetaServerShutdownHandler-vmadhire-001,60000,1425775928344-271] because
the executor is missing. Is this process shutting down?
2015-03-08 00:57:45,893 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.handler.MetaServerShutdownHandler: Caught
M_META_SERVER_SHUTDOWN, count=2; failed log splitting for
vmadhire-002,60020,1425775927820, will retry; stack trace shows every 100th
time.

I removed the phoenix-4.3.0-server.jar from all the HBase region servers
and again restarted the HBase cluster. I see Hbase is working like a charm.

I am using Cloudera 5.3.1    6 node cluster with 0.98 HBase version. And I
am copying the phoenix-4.3.0-server.jar   jar to the below location on all
the region servers and master,

/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.1-1.cdh5.3.1.p0.5/lib/hbase/lib

Does anyone know why the HBase regionservers are not starting up after
copying the phoenix server jar. Any pointers to fix this issue will be
helpful. THanks in advance.

Thanks,
Naveen