phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Cluster Down: No jar path specified for org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LocalIndexSplitter
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 01:04:26 GMT
I have tried to disable the table but since none of the RS are coming up. I
am unable to do it. Am i missing something?
On the server side, we were using the "4.0.0-incubating". It seems like my
only option is to upgrade the server to 4.1.  At-least, the HBase cluster
to be UP. I just want my cluster to come and then i will disable the table
that has a Phoenix view.
What would be the possible side effects of using Phoenix 4.1 with HDP2.1.5.
Even after updating to Phoenix4.1, if the problem is not fixed. What is the
next alternative?

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anil,
>
> HDP-2.1.5 ships with Phoenix [0]. Are you using the version shipped, or
> trying out a newer version? As James says, the upgrade must be servers
> first, then client. Also, Phoenix versions tend to be picky about their
> underlying HBase version.
>
> You can also try altering the now-broken phoenix tables via HBase shell,
> removing the phoenix coprocessor. I've tried this in the past with other
> coprocessor-loading woes and had mixed results. Try: disable table, alter
> table, enable table. There's still sharp edges around coprocessor-based
> deployment.
>
> Keep us posted, and sorry for the mess.
>
> -n
>
> [0]:
> http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.7/bk_releasenotes_hdp_2.1/content/ch_relnotes-hdp-2.1.5-product.html
>
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 4:34 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, we ran out of luck on this one because we are not running
>> the latest version of HBase. This property was introduced recently:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13044 :(
>> Thanks, Vladimir.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodionov@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Try the following:
>>>
>>> Update hbase-site.xml config, set
>>>
>>> hbase.coprocessor.enabed=false
>>>
>>> or:
>>>
>>> hbase.coprocessor.user.enabed=false
>>>
>>> sync config across cluster.
>>>
>>> restart the cluster
>>>
>>> than update your table's settings in hbase shell
>>>
>>> -Vlad

ABORTING region server bigdatabox.com,60020,1423589420136: The coprocessor org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LocalIndexSplitter
threw an unexpected exception
Source)

in the cluster until we fix it.

Can anyone suggest me how can i bail out of this BAD situation.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta