phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject are you using Phoenix 3.x?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 03:49:20 GMT
Hello Phoenix users,
We'd like to get an idea of how many users are still relying on the
Phoenix 3.x releases that work with HBase 0.94. We've been diligently
maintaining feature parity (as much as possible) between the 3.x
releases and 4.x releases, but the cost of continuing to do so is
becoming an ever increasing overhead. As such, we're considering
winding down the 3.x releases, but wanted to get your feedback first.

If you had to choose one of the following, please let us know which one:
a) I don't use the 3.x releases. Please focus on fixes and
enhancements to the 4.x releases instead.
b) I use a 3.x release, but I don't plan on upgrading so it's no
problem if releases start winding down.
c) I use the 3.x release and need at least crucial bug fixes
backported from 4.x, but features parity is not important.
d) I use 3.x release and need feature parity with the 4.x release.
e) Quit sending me so much email :-)

Thanks,
James (on behalf of the Apache Phoenix PMC)