phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.1.0 RC1
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 22:58:36 GMT
Hi everyone,
This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.1.0 RC1. This is the
next minor release of Phoenix compatible with the 0.98 branch of
Apache HBase and will be our second release as a top level project.
The release includes both a source-only release and a convenience
binary release.

The previous RC was sunk due to PHOENIX-1184 which was caused by not
including both the hadoop1 and hadoop2 compiled jars for our
phoenix-pig and phoenix-flume modules in our binary distribution.

In addition to having all the bug fixes and the new features outlined
for our 3.1 release currently being voted on, it has several
additional features:
- Support for local indexing which targets write heavy, space
constrained use cases by colocating index and table data on the same
region server (http://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html#Local_Indexing).
- Support for tracing which leverages Cloudera’s HTrace library to
show per-request performance metrics all they way from the client
through into the HBase server, and back again
(http://phoenix.apache.org/tracing.html).

For a complete list of changes, see:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/phoenix/4.0/CHANGES

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.1.0-rc1/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.1.0-rc1/bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mujtaba.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=4028255b73abc41a23ae380a7f91ad8db07900e9
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.1.0-rc1

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,