perl-test-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject Re: Auto-detecting modules on Ubuntu
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:31:27 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Joe Orton wrote:
>>> The apache.conf file contains the following two lines which load the
>>> modules and any configuration directives:
>>>
>>>   Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.load
>>>   Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.conf
>>>
>>> Should that work? Isn't there a way to debug or trace the config
>>> process?
>> Yes, I think that should work.  Can you try:
>>
>> ./t/TEST -conf -trace=debug
>>
>> and follow the lines from "inheriting config file:" to see what happens.
>
> fwiw, I just watched fred get caught by this exact thing at apachecon -
> don't forget to nuke ~/.apache-test beforehand :)

Yeah that was no fun, and I don't think it was the first time it
happened to me.  This suggestion may be too verbose for most people's
tastes, but it would be helpful to me to always have the 'inheriting
config file:' output present under normal A::T execution.

Most people have at least one httpd.conf file on their system, and those
with system installed apaches usually have /etc/httpd.conf also ( I did
and didn't know about it ).