perl-test-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>
Subject Re: Apache-TEST RC Failure
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:29:51 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>> - is your setup somehow nonstandard?  my 2.0.54 worker install defaulted
>>>to mod_cgid and I have no problems with any tests?
>>

>>If it is, it's whatever Ubuntu 5.04 installs.
>>I'll tinker more with it tonight and see where cgid leads me.
>>
>>I seem to recall it was a pure error about permissions and not being
>>able to bind to a socket as a regular old user.
>>
>>I'll tinker when I get home.
>

> see if playing around with this in various ways helps matters at all
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_cgid.html#scriptsock
>
> we might need to add a check to the writability of t/logs/cgisock or
> somesuch if using mod_cgid.
>
> --Geoff

That's right on target.

If cgid and cgi are enables, it appears to use cgi all tests pass.
Of course, it's fine with just cgi loaded.
With just cgid loaded, error_log yields:

> [Mon Oct 10 18:14:21 2005] [error] cgid daemon process died, restarting
> [Mon Oct 10 18:14:21 2005] [error] (13)Permission denied: Couldn't bind unix domain socket
/var/run/cgisock

On my Ubuntu install, var/run is:

> drwxr-xr-x  13 root root  4096 2005-10-10 18:06 run

$ sudo chmod o+w /var/run
$ make test

All tests, including the cookies.t tests pass! :-)

Now, the default apache2 install config is set to use
/var/run/apache2/cgidsock

How and why that differs from /var/run/cgisock under the test suite, I'm
not sure.

-=Chris