perl-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Apache::Test not finding global config file
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:01:20 GMT

William McKee wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 11:54:57AM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>>$self->{httpd_basedir}, which looks to be calculated based on the location
>>of the httpd binary.  but it looks like it ought to be using HTTPD_ROOT
>>instead.  at least if it's defined.
>>
>>try this (completely untested)
>

> Perfect! That worked just fine. How can we get it added to A::T?

I've been thinking a bit about this and I think the attached is a better
patch.  basically, I think A-T goes through a lot of effort to separate the
current filesystem configuration from the hard-coded stuff in httpd in an
effort to make it easy to roll up an httpd install, move it someplace else,
and still have A-T be able to create a worthy configuration.  using
HTTPD_ROOT like that kinda breaks all of that for people expecting the
current behavior, so I'd rather use it as a last-ditch effort than off the bat.

can you give it a whirl?

--Geoff