perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Patrick Mevzek" <...@patoche.org>
Subject Re: help for DNS queries
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2019 15:05:33 GMT

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, at 09:22, Chris Bennett wrote:
> I am also having problems in the same way with two domains using .rocks.
> I find a lot of problems with on the internet testing sites refusing to
> recognize that ending.
> I really like that .rocks, because it gives me some superb names for
> domains and, well, it's cheap to buy.
>
> In any case, I'm curious to see how all of these new names will play out
> over time.

Generic acceptance of new TLDs is indeed a problem, with multiple subparts
(same problem for pre-2012 round of TLDs, like .TRAVEL with is longer than
the three characters TLDs people where "used to", IDN TLDs - both ccTLDs and gTLDs,
subdivision like 3LDs both in the past for .NAME and .PRO for example, etc.)

This effort from ICANN can help as it gives various documentations and
pointers of various problems and what people can do:

https://uasg.tech/

--
  Patrick Mevzek