perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Sive Lindmark <s...@capestream.se>
Subject Re: HTTP and MPM support
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 20:05:42 GMT

> On 25 Jan 2019, at 20:00, Michael A. Capone <mcapone@cablewholesale.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>>>>
>>> Am I allowed to jump into the same thread, and ask about what the general status
of
>>> mod_perl is, nowadays (if someone knows) ?
> <snip>
>>> (Mind you, for us MPM prefork and HTTP 1.1 are still perfectly ok, but the question
is
>>> more about the longer-term future).
>> 	I'm also curious about this as I anticipate HTTP/2 support becoming
>> a valuable and important feature in the future (the recent updates to
>> mod_perl2 have been good for us).
>>
>> Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
>> Inter-Corporate Computer & Network Services, Inc.
>> Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
>> http://www.inter-corporate.com/
>>

> I have to add my voice to the growing chorus here.  As it stands, we are forced to choose
between mod_perl and HTTP/2.  At the moment, our shop has chosen to keep mod_perl, but I share
the above concerns, and I'd rather see mod_perl be ready if there is ever a major cultural
shift / push to HTTP/2 in the broader market.

as a owner of a small but quite fast growing company that first used MPW worker which was
a little bit unstable and then went for prefork and this is working very well for now ...but
it would be fantastic to have a stable worker for http/2, so if someone? can fix it we can
probably sponsor part of work for I am sure that changing technic cost a lot more …  /Sive