perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dr James Smith <...@sanger.ac.uk>
Subject Re: HTTP and MPM support
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2019 18:03:34 GMT
I would prefer to see a mod_perl 2.6 or 3 against perl 5 rather than
perl 6 - I think it wouldn't go to far against perl 6 as there isn't the
uptake - we would be unlikely to migrate to a perl 6 backend - there is
too much pressure already to move to an alternative language (python at
the moment - until we point out most of it's pitfalls when it comes to
web work!) that I don't think we would justify moving to a Perl 6
environment where there is little or no code to rely on!

On 26/01/2019 22:02, Sive Lindmark wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Perhaps in the same boat? Our company can sponsor between $1000 - $10000 to a project
developing modPerl 3 (Perl 6 + stabil mpm-worker/event)

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research