perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Paul B. Henson" <hen...@acm.org>
Subject Re: HTTP and MPM support
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 20:15:09 GMT
On 1/25/2019 11:00 AM, Michael A. Capone wrote:
> I have to add my voice to the growing chorus here.

Me too. Frequently when the topic of mod_perl going stale comes up
somebody jumps in with "That's old stuff, you should be using
PSGI/Plack". Those people simply don't understand the overall utility of
mod_perl beyond simply running a webapp <sigh>. I have authentication
and authorization handlers written in mod_perl, and the ability to
directly access the Apache API allows things that PSGI simply cannot do.