perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dr James Smith <...@sanger.ac.uk>
Subject Re: HTTP and MPM support
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 21:49:52 GMT
Agree with this we use AAA handlers - but more importantly output
filters to allow content to be decorated per site (independent of what
generates the content perl/java/php proxied content etc...} and add in a
few useful extra logging features that rely on things like transHandlers
and log & cleanup handlers you just can't quite get these working well
with plack/PSGI.

There is a balance between HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2.0 that you can strike by
mixing a matching backends dependant on content - I use three apaches on
my machines one using event handler which receives all requests, and
servers some static content and proxies back to either a dev apache or
live apache dependent on what the URL is...

This gives me the best of both worlds....

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research