perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Vincent Veyron <vv.li...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Upgrading a mod_perl application from Apache 2.2 to Apache 2.4
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:41:33 GMT
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 09:58:01 +0000
Andrew Green <andrew@article7.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a summary of the changes to mod_perl application code required,

I had to :

-modify the configuration files of my virtual hosts to include the new 'Require all granted'
directive, as explained in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html
which Adam mentionned

-modify a couple lines of code using $c->client_ip(), because of a change of names in the
Apache API and the connection object

-modify the configuration of mod_deflate, which post upgrade would run before my PerlOuputFilterHandler
instead of after it (something changed in the processing order of the filter queue; the solution
was found here :
https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/issues/1012)

Other than that, everything went smoothly

--
					Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://compta.libremen.com
Logiciel libre de comptabilité générale en partie double